Personalised Classes in the Art of Yogic Healing
In collaboration with the Heartfulness Foundation, YogaVahini Foundation is offering a specialised 3-month therapy course at SRCM Manapakkam Ashram, Chennai.
Information about the course
The course comprises personalised therapy classes offered every Sunday by yoga therapists from YogaVahini trained in the tradition of Sri T Krishnamacharya and Sri TKV Desikachar. In this tradition, we use breath-based practices designed for each individual. Each practice is holistic and progressive, and your therapist is your healing companion!
We will help you navigate through the 12-14 weeks of training to develop a strong and sustainable personal yoga practice. Beyond the course, you can continue to work with your therapists to move into preventive care and deepen your spiritual journey.
For whom is this course?
This course is open to all Abhyasis of the Heartfulness Foundation and anyone seeking to better their health and quality of life through yoga.
- If you have been struggling with any of the common ailments listed below (and not limited to these), and are willing to develop and sustain the habit of daily yoga practice to address these issues, this course is for you.
Some common ailments the course will help you with:
- Neck, back pain, and other musculoskeletal conditions
- Respiratory issues
- Digestive issues
- Menstrual and endocrine issues
- Heart conditions
- Auto-immune disorders
- If you are seeking to understand how yoga works, its impact on your physical, physiological, mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing, this course will be a great support.
- If you are seeking to strengthen your spiritual practice and want to improve your physical health and mental focus, this course will help you progress with your meditative practice.
- If you are seeking to become a Heartfulness Abhyasi, and want to learn meditation, this course will support you by including guidance and support on Heartfulness meditation by trained preceptors from SRCM, Manapakkam.
Please note that this course requires you to meet your therapist once a week (on Sundays after the morning meditation at the Manapakkam Ashram) for one hour for 14 weeks.
You are also required to allocate 30-40 minutes for home practice everyday.
Simple diet and lifestyle modification may be necessary for the healing process to give sustained positive results.
The course is taught by qualified yoga therapists and therapists-in-training. Senior therapists trained by YogaVahini and certified by IAYT (International Association of Yoga Therapists) will provide consultation and supervision.
The course director is Saraswathi Vasudevan.
Schedule: Starting 7 January 2024
10 am – 1 pm (Sundays)
45 minutes session per person.
Prior registration and appointment are mandatory.
Fees: Rs 7,000 to be paid in full at the time of registration.
Please note that the fee once paid is non-refundable. All the 12 +1 sessions must be availed within the time period of the course (14 weeks).
The fee covers:
- An initial consultation and comprehensive assessment of your needs and planning of the yoga therapy intervention.
- 12 sessions offered on Sundays at the Manapakkam centre.
- 1 booster session on the 14th week to complete the course.
- If required, short online review sessions during weekdays to ensure continuity of practice.