Not every woman experiences pregnancy in the same way. In fact, she may not even experience all her pregnancies in the same way. It may be exciting, joyful, and the body may blossom. It may also be anxious, overwhelming, and bring discomforting physical symptoms.
This workshop will help a yoga teacher guide their student through these changes, prepare for a healthy childbirth and regain strength in the postnatal period.
This workshop is for yoga teachers and therapists.
The workshop will cover:
- An overview of the trimesters
- The yogic approach to prenatal and postnatal care
- Food and lifestyle guidelines during the trimesters
- Specific tools used in yoga for each trimester and the contraindications
- Addressing associated emotional challenges of pregnancy and post-delivery
- Practices to enable a healthy pregnancy
About the teacher
Anupama Das has 20 years of experience in teaching yoga in the Krishnamacharya tradition. She did her first specialized workshop on ‘Yoga for pregnancy’ at YogaVahini and is grateful to Saraswathi Vasudevan and Lakshmi Ranganathan for their support. She has been associated with YogaVahini for eight years.
She holds a postgraduate diploma in Yoga Studies from Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram (KYM). She has worked in four schools of yoga as a trainer, mentor, and yoga therapist.
Anupama lives in Chennai. She is passionate about teaching and enjoys creative activities. She is fluent in English, Hindi, Tamil, and Bengali.
Workshop schedule: 18 and 19 November 2023
Time: 10 am to 12.30 pm IST
For Indian students (living in India): Rs 3,500
For International Students: USD 75