“Teach what is inside you; not as it applies to yourself but as it applies to the other”
– T Krishnamacharya
Advanced Teacher Training in Personalised Yoga Practice
Foundations for Yoga Vaidya
Yoga Prayogam offers intensive hands-on training in the Personalised approach to yoga practice and teaching following the tradition of Sri T Krishnamacharya. It brings the perspective of Viniyoga – applying yoga to the Individual – to students and teachers of all streams of yoga.
This course is also a pre-qualification course for the Yoga Vaidya Program: Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy 800 hours).
- Extensive and comprehensive curriculum and training perfected over 2 decades of learning and teaching in the tradition of Sri.T.Krishnamacharya.
- Aims to bring a reflective understanding of the Yoga Philosophy that can be applied in daily living.
- Explores the various conventional and unconventional tools of yoga and how they can be deployed to support health and well-being of an individual.
- Provides hands-on training in observation, assessment and designing of personalized yoga practices that can be progressively adapted to changing needs of the individual.
- Aims to inspire deeper understanding and positive change within the practitioner that can support change in the world around us.
- Offers a firm foundation in Yoga, Sankhya and basics of Ayurveda for an aspiring yoga therapist.
You are a yoga teacher
Seeking to upgrade your learning and teaching skills to address specific needs of students in both one-on-one and group settings.
You want to become a qualified yoga therapist in the highly specialized individual-centric approach.
Yoga Prayogam may not be required to apply for Yoga Vaidya if you have a Teacher Training certificate in the tradition of Sri T Krishnamacharya. In such cases, a pre-course assessment is required to determine eligibility for Yoga Vaidya.
You are a yoga practitioner
Now looking for the next level in professional training in yoga teaching and yoga therapy.
If you do not have a basic Teacher Training Certification, and wish to pursue our Yoga Vaidya Course, the Yoga Prayogam Intensive can be extended to the Yoga Acharya Course (350 hours) with additional course work.
Please note that enrolling the Yoga Prayogam course is not a sufficient qualification to be accepted into the Yoga Vaidya Program. A stringent selection process will follow the Yoga Prayogam course to ensure that total commitment to the 800 hour Yoga Vaidya course is enlisted from all participants.
Any student who has previously completed the Level 1 Teacher Training (200+ hours) from any school of yoga and is actively teaching and seeking to seriously pursue training in Yoga Therapy.
Yoga Practitioners with at least 6 months of personal yoga practice and seeking professional training to become a yoga teacher and/or yoga therapist. The applicant must also have a sincere desire to help him/herself and others with Yoga.
The applicant must be willing to commit to a personal yoga practice everyday. Mental and emotional stability and reasonably good communication skills (in English).
It is proposed that a minimum of 15 and a maximum of 25 participants will be accepted in this program. We would like to proceed with a committed group of students where each student is guaranteed to receive sufficient personal attention and support.