Yoga & Therapy
Personalized Yoga & Therapy
YogaVahini offers highly specialized, individualized yoga sessions designed after a personal consultation with an expert yoga therapist. Your practice will take into account your abilities, current requirements, time for practice for conditions etc. It will also be monitored and modified progressively as per your changing needs.
Our classes for healing and self-mastery are offered predominantly one-on-one unless the situation requires the spouse/parent/caretaker to participate & support.
Our Approach to Therapy
YogaVahini approaches yoga as a complementary system of health, not an alternative one. It supports and works in conjunction with your normal medical treatments, and we ask you to continue your personal health routine as suggested by your doctor or medical professional. YogaVahini will tailor your course specifically in view of the relevant medical condition and proceed through a gentle orientation.
Whether yoga is a cure for a particular condition can be decided only after a consultation. Yoga most often works in tandem with Allopathic, Ayurvedic and other healing systems to facilitate deeper healing. In the case or chronic conditions, yoga strengthens the individual’s ability to manage the condition and lead a better quality of life.
- Individuals who want to maintain their health and well being and prevent future problems
- For those who wants to address minor/major health issues.
- Anyone who wants to improve their energy levels, efficiency, attention and gain better clarity and calmness
Yoga is a complimentary healing modality for a whole range of health issues:
- back and neck pain
- cardiac problems
- migraine headaches
- high blood pressure
- stress and stress related problems
- overactive mind
- sleep issues
- cancer care
- female health problems
- pregnancy complaints
- weight loss
- arthritis and joint related problems
- digestive problems
- chronic fatigue
- and more…
We adapt various tools of Yoga like
- Mindful breathing
- Appropriate physical movements
- Diet and lifestyle modification
- skeletal-muscular structure
- mental and emotional patterns
- energy levels
- needs, goals, capabilities and life circumstances
After the initial consultation, the student will have to attend 3-4 sessions per month for a period of 6-8 months, while continuing to practice at home every day. Later on, the sessions maybe be spaced out to 1 or 2 sessions per month (as decided by the therapist).